The selected bars are dark bars ranging from 80% up to 99% cocoa content.
- Smell the newly opened bar.
- Place a thumbnail sized piece on your tongue (don’t chew).
- Drink some tea and let the warm liquid melt the chocolate
- Notice how the rich chocolate floods your taste buds and nose.
- Relax at feel the cool bit of chocolate left behind.
- Breath deep and notice any lingering tastes and feelings.
The goal of this pairing is not to enhance either the tea or chocolate, but to create an entirely new experience using incredible chocolate that is wonderful in its own right. The best tea will be a light, earthy, or subtly fragrant such as Jasmine, Bao Zhong Oolong, 3rd or forth steeping Pu-Ehr, or just warm water. Avoid strong fruity and herbal tea with these selected chocolates.
After your first experience, you might find a great combination with any number of chocolates and teas.
Please note that substitutions of equal or greater value may be necessary based on stock availability.